November 23, 2012

Flashback: Peeing on a stick

I wrote some posts when we found out were pregnant but couldn't tell anyone. I had so many emotions running through me and needed a space to release them. It's great being able to share them now, re-reading them and getting to relive the moments. 

Written 21st September 2012

This morning we arrived home from our month long trip away, I'm 6 days overdue for my period. The test we had taken in Singapore one evening 3 nights before had turned up negative. It was disappointing to say the least. When we look back now, I was drinking 2 litres of water in that hour just to get some wee outta me. Probably not the best idea.

So today, I peed on a stick and it said this.


(I know it's really faded, but it said a '+', I promise!)

We tried our best not to get excited since the vertical line was so light. I rushed Luke out of the house to go pick up an iPhone 5 for himself (not without requesting he bring home half a dozen more test kits of different brands.... 'cause I am a nerd like that) while I busied myself around the house, unpacking and cleaning.

When he got home I peed on one more stick and told myself that if that read positive, we were going to the doctor. Lo and behold, it did. I remember sitting on the toilet going, 'Okay. This is it. I'm not imagining this.'

We somehow managed to get into a doctor's within 15 minutes of calling them. Got a blood test done for pregnancy as well as everything else involved. I did not have any more wee left in me so we took a pee jar home and was told to drop it off the next day.

Now I am sitting in bed trying to fall asleep.

So far, preeeetty unsuccessful.

No comments:

Post a Comment