July 25, 2013

IN THE KITCHEN : Banana & blueberry muffins

Uh guys, I managed to bake today. I had a leftover banana that sat on the kitchen bench annoying me the last few days. So when Mason went down for a nap this afternoon, I thought... What the hell. If he wakes up, it's just one thing we can add to the list that I start but never manage to finish. But as my mother in law gushes ever so often, Mason was an angel! I was able to bake AND take photos of these muffins.




I've never been the sort of person that strays from a recipe. But not knowing how long I had between starting this baking expedition to when my son would wake up for a feed, I was a woman on a mission. Here's what I grabbed out of the pantry and fridge, and popped into my mixing bowl:

1 over-riped banana
1/2 cup of natural yoghurt
1 egg
1/3 cup of coconut butter
1/4 cup of caster sugar
A handful of frozen berries
Just under a cup of self raising flour


This is how they turned out! Bit flat on the top but they tasted divine. Do note how I managed to eat 2 muffins before remembering I wanted to photograph them. God, I crack myself up sometimes. 

I was done just in time for a little bit of this:


and this:

No comments:

Post a Comment